The pelletizer adopts an electric heating device to improve the feed expansion rate and pellet floating time. It minimizes the degradation of food nutrients while improving the digestibility of protein and starches.
Fish feed pelletmaking machine is the equipment that can process various feeds into fish food pellets. And the fish feed pellets processed by the fish food pellet mill have high hardness, smooth surface, and internal maturation, which can improve the digestion and absorption of nutrition.
The pellet formation process can denature the pancreatic enzyme resistance factor in cereals and legumes to reduce the adverse effects on digestion. And also reduce all kinds of worm and digestive system diseases.
- What is the floating fish feed machine?
- Working Principle of Dry Type Fish Feed Extruder
- What is the difference between extruded and pelleted feed?
- How do fish feed floats?
- How long is pelleted feed good for?
- Is floating pellets good for fish?
- Why is floating feeding advantageous?
- Tips on How to use floating fish feed extruder
What is the floating fish feed machine?
It is widely used for processing grain powder into high-grade aquatic feed pellets for fish, catfish, shrimps, crabs, tilapia, etc. The floating pellets can float on the water’s surface for about 12 hours. Feed Application: poultry, livestock, and aqua animals like cattle, pigs, sheep, shrimp, fish, pets, etc.
Working Principle of Dry Type Fish Feed Extruder
The high temperature between the roller and die ripens the starch of the materials, and the protein becomes congealed. Then the fish feed is extruded from the holes of the die. Fish feed pellets are conveyed out of the extruder.
What is the difference between extruded and pelleted feed?
Pellet mills are used for making sinking feeds like that for shrimp and trout. It is also utilized where the fat requirements are below 12 percent. The extrusion process can make feeds that are both sinking and floating. The ability to control the floatation of feeds makes the extrusion process more versatile.
How do fish feed floats?
High levels of starch, or the addition of gelatinizable protein sources in the raw feed formulation, help to insure that the product will float.
Fish feed floats on the water surface due to various reasons like low bulk density, air sacs in extruded feed, low moisture, buoyancy – water stability & other extrusion properties termed as floating fish feed
How long is pelleted feed good for?
Heat-treated feeds like pelleted grains or by-products will have increased storage value as the heating process will kill some of the bacteria. Expect at least 3 months and up to 6 months of storage from any heat-treated pellet.
Is floating pellets good for fish?
Generally, there is no nutritional difference between floating and sinking feed, whether to use floating or sinking pellets mainly depends on which type of fish species you have. Floating fish feed pellets are usually used in larger underlings, food fish, and broodfish.
Why is floating feeding advantageous?
Floating feeds have very strong water stability (wouldn’t apart within 16-32 hours), with little pollution on the water. Spongy, porous floating pellet feed for pelagic fish floats in the water, which is easy to observe the fish feeding and growth, conducive to scientific management.
- The advantages of the floating fish feed machine
- The granulation equipment has a simple structure, small footprint, low noise, and long service life.
- The machine adopts a variety of powerful methods to meet the needs of different customers,
- The produced feed pellets have a smooth surface and internal ripening, which not only has good palatability but also improves the digestion and absorption of internal nutrients by fish.
- The high temperature and high-pressure environment during the formation of feed pellets can effectively kill bacteria, parasite eggs, pathogenic microorganisms, etc. in the material, and avoid various digestive system diseases.
- A variety of mold sizes and shapes are available to suit different species and sizes of fish.
Tips on How to use floating fish feed extruder
When the fingerlings are stocked, when the water temperature is low, the growth is slow, and the size is small, the particle diameter of the feed should be controlled at about 2mm; when the temperature rises and the growth of fingerlings are accelerated, the medium-term feed particle diameter should be 3-3.5mm, and later in 4-4.5mm. Therefore, when using the fish feed pellet machine to process fish pellet feed, the size of the feed pellet should be adjusted according to the type of fish and different growth stages to achieve the best feeding effect.
Because the fish has no stomach, the feed stays in the intestinal tract for a short time, and the digestion and utilization rate is not high; so when feeding the feed, it should be fed several times, and each feeding should be a little less; Improve feed utilization.
During the use of the feed pellet machine, the preventive medicines, and raw materials can be mixed and pelleted according to the current epidemic diseases and fish disease occurrence seasons, which can effectively prevent fish diseases and improve the survival rate of aquatic products.